AN APPRAISAL OF PROMOTIONAL STRATEGIES OF BARBING SALONS IN ENUGU METROPOLIS
(A CASE STUDY OF TOP CLASS BARBING SALON AWKUNANAW ENUGU)
NWELE KIZITO C.
Department of Marketing
The study focused on an Appraisal of Promotional Strategies of Barbing Salons in Enugu Metropolis with particular note on Top Class Barbing Salon with Enugu.
The objectives of the study are:
- To evaluate the promotional strategies adopted by Top Class Barbing Salon in order to determine these profitability.
- To determine the impact of public relations adopted by Top Class Barbing Salon in customers patronage.
- To determine if advertising strategies adopted by Top Class Barbing Salon in Enugu metropolis create customer’s awareness of their services. Based on these four hypotheses was formulated each focusing on the impact of a specific promotion.
Data were sourced from two principle sources primary and secondary data. Extensive literature review on textbooks, Journals, and other related materials were carried out. The population includes management and relevant staff and customers of Top Class Barbing Salon within Enugu metropolis.
Data collected were presented analysed and interpreted using table, frequencies and percentages while the hypotheses were tested using chi-square.
Based on the analysis. The following findings were made. That barbing salon including the case organization are yet to fully appreciate the importance of designing an optimal combination of promotional mix to enhance it’s performance.
That public relation impacts positively on customers patronage and billboards were poorly designed and not strategically located.
In view of above findings, the following recommendations were made
- Apart from the use of billboards advertising in radio and newspapers should be used. The advertising message should be based on quality of service offered, availability and moderate charges.
- Other promotional activities like sales promotion, public relations, publicity and personal selling should be adequately blended for improved performance. The researcher opined that if the recommendations were judiciously implemented the case organization should be able to serve their customer better with profit.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Table of Contents CHAPTER ONE: INTRODUCTION
1.1 Background to the Study
1.2 Statement of the Problem
1.3 Objectives of the Study
1.4 Formulation of Hypotheses
1.5 Significance of the Study
1.6 Scope of the Study
1.7 Limitation of the Study
1.8 Definition of Terms CHAPTER TWO:
2.1 Meaning of Market
2.2 Objectives of Promotion
2.3 Components of Marketing Promotional
2.3.2 Sales Promotion
2.3.3 Personal Selling
2.4 Public Relation/Publicity
2.5 Direct Marketing
2. 6 Promotional Strategies for Service Business
2.7 Evaluation of Promotional Strategies. CHAPTER THREE:
3.1 Sources of Data
3.2 Research Instrument used
3.3 Population of Study
3.4 Sampling Technique
3.5 Determination of Sample Size
3.6 Test of Validity and Reliability of the Research Instrument
3.7 Method of Data Analysis and Treatment
3.8 Method of Questionnaire Administration. CHAPTER FOUR
4.1 Data Presentation, Analysis and Interpretation of Data
4.2 Test of HypothesesCHAPTER FIVE:
SUMMARY OF FINDINGS RECOMMENDATION
5.1 Summary Findings
5.3 Conclusion BIBLIOGRAPHY