THE STRUCTURE, ORGANIZATION AND FUNCTIONS OF THE INSTITUTE OF EDUCATION OF AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY ZARIA

By

Author

Presented To

Department of Administration

A B S T R A C T 

The writer wrote his Intership report on the structure, organization and functions of the I n s t i t u te of Education Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. The purpose of the Intership was to f u l f i l one of the requirements for the award of Master of Education Degree in Educational Planning and Administration by Faculty of Education Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria. During an intership, the intern learned p r a c t i c a l ly those aspects of administration and planning that he was taught theoretically in the classroom. The intern studied the I n s t i t u t e of Education which employed 666 workers and 3385 students who were undergoing various courses. In order to be able to carry out the duties assigned to her, the I n s t i t u te of Education has been divided into the following nine divisions namely: Primary Division, Secondary Division, Teachers1 Education Division, Languages Division, Art and Materials Development Division, Test Research and Measurement Division and Library Division. In addition to these divisions, there were two sections for Genera1 Administration and the Finance of the I n s t i t u te of Education. Each of these divisions and sections had certain specific roles to play. For instance, the Primary Division was responsible for training primary school administrators and teachers who were specialized in I n f a n t Methodology. This Division also took care of Primary Education Improvement Project (PEIP), Primary Science a nd Primary Social Science. The Division of Secondary Education was in charge of Long Vacation Programmes while the Teachers' Education Division took care of National Certificate in Education and Teachers' Grade II C e r t i f i c a t e . The Division of Languages took care of four languages viz. English, Hausa, Arabic and French. The Division of Research, Test and Measurement took care of Consultancy Services Supervision of Research Programme Collection and Analysis of compar a t i v e v i t a 1 educational s t a t i s t i c s , editing of research papers for publication in the I n s t i t u t e ' s sponsored Journals and conducting the Interim Joint Matriculation examination (IJMB). On the other hand the Division of Art and Materials Development concentrated i t s attention on curriculum development in Art and the development of Audio-Visual Aids. The Division of Library offered services to the I n s t i t u t e of Education as well as the ten northern states of Nigeria. The net two sections tourched were the General Administrative set up or the I n s t i t u t e and the Inst i t u t e ' s Finance, The administrative section of the I n s t i t u t e of Education controlled a l l the a c t i v i t i es of the I n s t i t u t e as far as administration was concerned From the staff of Administrative section, administrative officers were appointed as secretaries to various committees and boards e.g. I n s t i t u t e Board of Governors, Professional and Academic Boards, Promotions and Appointment Committee, Heads of Divisions' Meetings, Board of Survey, Minor Committee, Zaria Area Tender Board, Publication Committee and so on. The I n s t i t u t e Finance S ection was concerned with the payment of workers' s a l a r i e s , preparation of invoices loans advances, expenditures and revenue. The Finance section was divided into four main sections: 1. The Finance Officer's Office, 2. The Headquarter Finance Office 3. Revenue and Expenditure 4. Loan Advances/Students Account. Through divisional meetings genera 1 staff meetings, meeting of heads of division, Advisory Committee, Publication Committee and Consultation with the Professional and Academic Board and Board of Governors, the I n s t i t u t e of Education was able to discharge i t s duties aa required by the university. The various meetings and committees created forum for exchange of ideas and coordination of a c t i - v i t i e s from a l l parts of the I n s t i t u t e of Education. The administrative structure and organizational set up of the I n s t i t u t e of Education were very up to date. Inspite of t h i s , there was need to control the movement of workers, especially the messengers and c l e r i c al s t a f f during working hours. The system of circulating informations from one division to the other was found inadequate and suggestions were made to improve the existing conditions. These suggestions included orientation for new employees, employment of l i t e r a te messengers, security guards and publication and the c i r c u l a t i on of Newsletters to pass informations to the I n s t i t u t e workers.

PLEASE NOTE:

That this Material is a Complete Project, Well Written and Contains 1 to 5 Chapters.

Click the download Button Below to Download the complete work. OR Call/WhatsApp Admin on: 09019904113 for Inquiry. Thank You

• FOR ENQUIRY
  • support@e-projecttopics.com

Learn and Obtain Diploma in Web development, Software development, Business, Technology and Creative Skills taught by industry experts. Explore a wide range of skills with our professional tutorials.

About E-Project Material Centre

E-Project Material Centre is a web service aimed at successfully assisting final year students with quality, well researched, reliable and ready made project work. Our materials are recent, complete (chapter 1 to Minimum of Chapter 5, with references) and well written.INSTANT ACCESS! INSTANT DOWNLOAD. Simply select your department, choose from our list of topics available and explore your data

Why Students Love to Use E-Project Material ?

Guaranteed Delivery Getting your project delivered on time is essential. You cannot afford to turn in your project past the deadline. That is why you must get your project online from a company that guarantees to meet your deadline. e-Project Topics Material Centre is happy to offer instant delivery of projects listed on our website. We can handle just about any deadline you send our way. Satisfaction Guaranteed We always do whatever is necessary to ensure every customer's satisfaction

Disclaimer

E-Project Topics Material Centre will only provide projects as a reference for your research. The projects ordered and produced should be used as a guide or framework for your own project. The contents of the projects should be able to help you in generating new ideas and thoughts for your own project. It is the aim of e-Project Topics Centre to only provide guidance by which the projects should be pursued. We are neither encouraging any form of plagiarism nor are we advocating the use of the projects produced herein for cheating.

Terms and Condition

Using our service is LEGAL and IS NOT prohibited by any university/college policies You are allowed to use the original model papers you will receive in the following ways:
  • As a source for additional understanding of the subject
  • As a source for ideas for you own research (if properly referenced)
  • For PROPER paraphrasing ( see your university definition of plagiarism and acceptable paraphrase) Direct citing ( if referenced properly)
Thank you so much for your respect to the authors copyright